What is Galentine’s Day!
In this edition of All the Moodz blog, the focus is all about celebrating the special women in your life…your girlfriends! More and more women celebrate Galentine’s Day, the day before Valentine’s Day on February 13th. Galentine’s Day is an opportunity for all who identify as female to acknowledge all of the females who have positively impacted their lives. That’s right, this holiday is a bonafide friendship fest!
With friendship in mind, this edition has several fun activities for you and your girls to do. This post contains several fun ideas: an easy and fun DIY, a hysterical quiz and digital greeting cards that you can both send out and share. Additionally, if you are among those who are still not familiar with this relatively new holiday, here is a bit of informal history. Believe it or not, Galentine’s Day was founded by a fictional character on a satirical sitcom, Parks and Recreation. Apparently, the idea was such a good one, real life now imitates fiction! So, get with the women you honor in your life and plan on having a great time!
Table of Contents
- What is Galentine’s Day!
- Friendship DIY BOHO DOORKNOB HEART PILLOW
- VIDEO: Friendship DIY BOHO HEART DOORKNOB PILLOW
- Girlfriend Quiz: Are You an Auntie? Or a Niece?
- Send a Galentine’s Day & Valentine’s Day eMoodz eCards
- Happy Galentine’s Day!
Friendship DIY BOHO DOORKNOB HEART PILLOW
Friendship DIY Supplies List
- 1- 9×12 Piece of Craft Felt (I painted mine with acrylic paint)
- 1- Tassel (see instruction video here)
- Sewing Machine
- Coordinating Thread
- Heart Template (download here)
- Fabric Scissors
- Quilting Clips (or other non-puncturing clips)
- 1/4 Cup of Dry Uncooked Beans (per pillow)
- Note or Affirmation for Enclosure (optional)
- Shells, Beads, etc. (optional)
- Yarn Needle and Yarn for Sewing on Adornments (optional)
VIDEO: Friendship DIY BOHO HEART DOORKNOB PILLOW
If you are enjoying this post…
Girlfriend Quiz: Are You an Auntie? Or a Niece?
Send a Galentine’s Day & Valentine’s Day eMoodz eCards
Send as many complimentary Galentine’s Day & Valentine’s Day eMoodz eCards as you like! Click the link below to checkout the selection:
Happy Galentine’s Day!
Yay! You made it to the end of this post! I hope that you enjoyed the ideas and even tried (or plan to try) some with your girlfriends. If you did, please let me know how things went or share your thoughts in the comment section below. If you want to easily find this post later, please pin this image: